Saturday, December 11, 2010

The End of Part 1 of the Adventure

I finished school yesterday, so now I finally have some time to update. It's crazy how fast this semester has gone by. I fly home in 2 days! 

Day #76 - Friday, December 3: I had class today from 2-5. After going to class, I went to meet up with my friend Katie, who I worked with in the admissions office this summer and who is studying in Vienna this semester. She wanted to come visit London, and I let her stay at my flat. It took me ages to find her...she said she was at a Pret next to a Starbucks near the Victoria Underground Station. Well there are about 5 of those combinations near the tube station, and she didn't have a working phone. After finally finding her, we met up with Paige for fish & chips. Then we headed home and made gingerbread houses and watched Elf to get in the Christmas spirit!

my gingerbread house!
Day #77 - Saturday, December 4: Today Katie, Paige, Sam and I spend the day in the Notting Hill area. We grabbed lunch at a cute little cafe and then headed to Portobello Road, which is a famous market street in London, and on Saturdays, home to world's largest antique market. We spent a good 4 hours wandering up and down the street, and I don't even think we covered half of it! After the market, Katie and I went to a Christmas Festival in Hyde Park called Winter Wonderland. There were a couple of rows of booths selling various items, and I found a couple of neat Christmas gifts. After spending an hour or so there, I headed to the London Philharmonic Orchestra Concert. It was amazing! It really made me miss being in band and playing my Clarinet. 


Day #78 - Sunday, December 5: I slept in today and spent the afternoon working on homework, skyping, and watching Grey's. I went out to dinner with Katie and Paige for Katie's birthday, then came back and spend the night working on more homework and house hunting online for senior year!

Day #79 - Monday, December 6: I had class today from 11-2, then came home and took a nap. I spent the majority of the evening working on redoing a couple of pieces of work and editing some of my pictures. I also finally got a portfolio site up and running www.kelseylampman.carbonmade.com. The only part that's complete is my photography section, but check it out if you're interested! I also got to iChat with mom & dad and also Eric. 

Day #80 - Tuesday, December 7: Today I got up around 10, and left at noon for the Camden Markets with Paige and Sam. We ate lunch outside and almost froze (yes, I realize that since I'm cold when it's 34 degrees outside I'm going to DIE when I come home for break...it's supposed to be a high of 1 on Monday when I get home, I don't think my body is going to know what to do!) We spent the afternoon shopping and then met up with a friend for dinner. 

Day #81 - Wednesday, December 8: I had class today from 2-6. I came home, napped, and spent the evening working on homework! Nothing too exciting today.

Day #82 - Thursday, December 9: I had a meeting today with the study abroad director. Then I did some window shopping...and in the process broke my phone, whoops. I came home and did some homework, then had dinner with Paige. We thought it would be a great idea to make dinner with all of the food we have left that will go bad over break. Well it turns out that was freezer burnt chicken, tortilla shells, and pasta sauce. After attempting to make something tastey, and attempting to eat it, we both looked at each other and said "McDonald's". So that was dinner. I was up extremely late tonight doing homework, but finally finished everything!

Day #83 - Friday, December 10: I had my final class of the term today! I got done with class around 6, came home, made some dinner, and having not gotten any sleep the night before, went to bed at 930!

Day #84 - Saturday, December 11: I woke up rather late today, and spent the afternoon packing (yes mom and dad, I packed before the night before!!) and cleaning my room. I am all packed up to come home! Who knows how much my suitcase weighs, so I could be in for another adventure on Monday, but oh well. 

I can't believe the first semester is over! I am very excited to go home, but also excited to come back. I don't think one semester would be enough time here, I feel like there is so much more for me to do. I am excited to do more traveling next year and also learn more about myself and the city and the world. I've got quite of the list of things to do next year and I'm excited to get to them! This is going to be my last post till after break, but thanks to anyone who's been reading :) I hope you've learned some things and enjoyed reading about my adventures! I'll be back in January!

1 comment:

  1. It's a winter wonderland in Minneapolis, Kelsey! We haven't had as much snow--yet. You are right about the temperature. Brace yourself, girl! See you soon. Travel safely.

    Love,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete